Price developments housing market Q3-2019
Property prices in Spain are still on the rise, as show the indices of various institutions over the third quarter. But growth is decreasing compared to last year. The decrease could be explained by the fact that fewer houses were sold.
House prices are expected to rise by 5.5% this year, but this growth will gradually decline to 3.3% in 2022. Experts expect that the demand will stay strong in the coming years.
An overview of different growth indices (growth compared to 2018):
- The Ministry of Public Works sets the growth at 3.1% for the second quarter
- The National Institute of Statistics sets the growth at 5.3% for the second quarter
- The Spanish Land Registrars’ Association sets growth at 8.3% for the second quarter
- The Association of Spanish Notaries sets the growth at -1.1% for the month of July
- Tinsa calculates a growth of 2.8% for the month of August
- Idealista.com sets the growth in resale prices at 4.2% for the month of September
As the figures show, prices fall according to data from the Association of Spanish Notaries. Moreover, these figures don’t tell us anything about the various local markets, because the situation can vary enormously per city and region. The housing market is pre-eminently a local affair.
An explanation for the slowdown in growth could be the fact that fewer houses were sold. According to the Association of Spanish Notaries, the decrease was 18.6% in the month of June and 20.8% in the month of July.
Source: Spanish Property Insight
Do you also want to start a successful business in Spain?
We set up subsidiary companies within two till four weeks, which is from one to three months faster than other offices because:
- We know exactly which documentation and information is needed from the parent company abroad.
- We know how to align the tax-legal and proxy structures of the Spanish subsidiary with those of the parent company abroad.
We don’t need to do studies; we just provide you the information you need and explain the steps to take.
This saves you costs and you will start faster and better.
Take advantage of our experience
We keep our clients informed of relevant developments for free. Do you also want to stay tuned?
Register easily by clicking on the ‘Free Tips’ button on the right-hand side of this page.
Free download to get you started asap
Download for free our easy to read ebook:
- A subsidiary in Spain under a foreign parent company
More information or a proposal?
Do you have questions about doing business in Spain? Or would you like a free quote for setting up a subsidiary in Spain or taking care of the accounting and tax returns of your subsidiary in Spain?
EuroEconomics, since 1996, and with a team of more than 60 employees, is the largest fully specialised firm for foreign companies in Spain.
Send us your question
You will receive a response within one working day. No cost.