In order to ensure that the liquidity of Spanish companies would not be put under further strain during the emergency, the Spanish authorities have made it possible to defer the payment of social security contributions.
With immediate effect, all companies, regardless of size or sector, can request a deferral of the payment of the employer’s social security contributions for the months of March, April, May and June 2020.
- Requests for postponement must be submitted before the 10th of each month.
- The deferred payment shall be paid in equal installments for a period of 6 months (based on the currently available information, changes are possible).
- The interest rate is 0.5%.
- The first payment to be postponed (March) concerns only the period 14/03-31/03.
- There shall be no other deferral arrangements or arrears.
- No ERTE should have been applied for (temporary lay-offs and reductions in working time).
In the course of the next few weeks, the government will also clarify a moratorium scheme (suspension without interest) which, in addition to the deferral settlement described above, will apply to the social security contributions of April, May and June. In all likelihood, there will be certain restrictions on the moratorium (sectors, number of employees, turnover). We will inform you as soon as there is more clarity.
How to apply?
It goes without saying that EuroEconomics can submit the request for postponement for your company. As the request must take place during the first 10 days after the end of the month to which the postponement relates, we would like to receive the assignment for this purpose per month and at least 4 working days before the end of this period.
Relations of EuroEconomics are welcome to contact their regular contact person.
More news on COVID-19 measures in Spain