Companies that intend to continue to offer their employees the possibility of working remotely after the Covid pandemic has ended, must comply with the guidelines laid down in Law 28/2020, which recently came into force.
Therefore, these obligations do not apply to companies that will return to a situation where workers work entirely in the office after the pandemic.
The main points
- The law applies to employees who work at least 30% of their time at a distance over a period of 3 months;
- These workers should have exactly the same rights as workers who work in the office;
- The employer is obliged to reimburse costs necessary to carry out the telework correctly;
- Working remotely is voluntary and reversible for both parties, so if the employer or employee prefers the execution of the work in the office, this should be respected;
- However, it should be borne in mind that the employer must be prepared to meet the employee’s requests in terms of finding the right balance between private life and work, and this certainly applies to employees with children up to the age of 12 (always within reason and in accordance with the nature of the work);
- An individual written agreement must be signed with the employee concerned before 24/12/2020 and this must be registered (EuroEconomics can help you set up a framework and register);
- The employee remains obliged to register working hours (clocking in and out);
- If there are works councils or employee representatives within the company, other guidelines apply. In that case, EuroEconomics will inform you separately.
Relations of EuroEconomics are welcome to contact their regular contact person.
Other interested parties are advised to email their nearest office or mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like more information about starting a business in Spain?
Mail your question to email@example.com, you will receive an answer within one working day.
You are very welcome, we are happy to be of service.
Download for free–
Best deal > Free alert service
We offer our clients, advisors and visitors of this website the possibility a free alert service. No costs and no obligations. We will inform about deadlines for tax returns and interesting changes and possibilities for (specificly) foreigners who are living in Spain, have business in Spain or who have family or a house in Spain.
Do you want to stay up to date? Then fill in your name and email in the Free alert service fields on our home page. Subscribe now, it’s free.
All about starting a business in Spain
We, EuroEconomics, the company behind EasyTaxSpain, have a team of more than 50 tax advisors, lawyers and accountants. Do you want to start a business in Spain? Then download:
A Company in Spain, Incorporation, Legal, Tax & Accounting
Ask us easy your question
Do you have questions about taxes or starting a business in Spain and are you looking for a contact that looks after tax affairs and tax returns in Spain?
Ask us easy your question without any obligation.